Wagg Complete Dog Food Review

Guest's review of Wagg Complete Dog Food

“PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR DOGS...”

Written on: 16/11/2009

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR DOGS HEALTH.

I have a 13 month boxer, I was feeding her royal canin boxer until someone recommended Wagg as it was a good food at a fraction of the cots. Well only one part of this was true and that is that it is cheap, cheap and nasty- I swapped her over without properly looking into the food, I'll never do this again.

After a couple of weeks of feeding she cam up in hives all around her neck,she also has bald patches where her hair has fallen out, similarly, my sister has her brother and also changed him- he has the exact same thing, so a £50 vet trip later it transpires that it is a wheat allergy. I swapped her back to a premium food at the weekend (first class) both the vet and the pet store said that they cannot understand why food manufactuers add wheat to their foods- dogs have real difficulty digestng wheat and after prolonged periods of feeding can result in long term serious health problems (just google 'feeding wheat to dogs'. I feel so guilty feeding my dog this, it's going to take at least a month for these lumps to dissapear and her hair to grow back on the bald spots, fortunately I got her off of it before any long term damage was caused.

Take a few minutes to look at what this food contains- 4% meat!! premium brands are more expensive but contain 23% +, that is why they don't need to use cheap fillers like wheat.

I know there is a credit crunch but please do not feed your dogs this- it is cruel, if you cannot affford a premium brand switch over to Harringtons-ASDA also supply this and it is £1 more and does not contain wheat. To give your dog extra nutrients as these foods do not contain enough- mix in some tripe- this is so good for them, its cheap and will make up for the food.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2011

Hi just reading your post, my brother has got his staff on wagg and he his losing his fur, the vets don't know what is causing it but after reading this i guess its the wagg. I also have a staff pup i tried her on wagg but was getting lose stools from her plus very dry skin. I totally agree it is cheap and nasty!!