RAC 1000 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

oceaneagle's review of RAC 1000

RAC 1000

“Available at stores like Halfords at just under £60...”

Written on: 14/11/2009 by oceaneagle (22 reviews written)

Available at stores like Halfords at just under £60 this is an excellent entry level SatNav. However and that is a big HOWEVER if you have previously owned a more up-market model such as a Garmin then you will immediately notice the difference. Not just the overall 'feel' of the unit the limitations soon become apparent. I bought one to replace my aged Garmin 550. I brought it home and played with it. Within a few minutes I realised that it was a false economy. I packed it up again and returned it to Halfords and bought another Garmin.

This is not to say this isn't a good SatNav. It is excellent value and eminently suitable for someone who needs a SatNav once in a Blue Moon. Serious users should plump for a more expensive unit. I favour Garmins but as a Sailor I would say that wouldn't I. Garmins are renowned in Maritime Leisure and commercial circles for their quality of build and after sales.

• uK & Ireland