Petite Star Zia Review

Guest's review of Petite Star Zia

Petite Star Zia

Petite Star Zia 3 wheel Pushchair ”

Written on: 09/11/2009

Petite Star Zia 3 wheel Pushchair

I brought the Zia pushchair last year and at first I really liked it, it folds up so small that it fits into my cupboard with ease. My daughter had just turned one and I do a lot of walking so I needed something that was going to be hard wearing and easy to manage!!

I have 5 children and over the past 12 years I have probably had around 15 pushchairs. This is by far the worst one I have owned.

Apart from the handles being low, they are also uncomfortable on your hands if you are going any further than to the local school and back. You cannot get into the basket and certainly cannot hang anything over the handles because anything more than a lightweight childs backpack will tip it backwards. It is not easy to push and doesn't like going up curbs and I won't mention the raincover issues!!

Despite all the problems I had no choice but to keep using the puschair as I couldn't afford a new one. However, my daughter has just turned 2 and last month whilst standing outside the school I let go of the handles for a second and the pushchair tipped FORWARD, my daughter went face first onto the pavement with the pushchair on top of her. Luckily there were enough people there to help me pick it up quite quickly. Thankfully the pushchair hood was good for something as it cushioned the fall and my daughter only had a grazed head and not a broken nose.

Boots whom I brought it from has been very good, I returned the pushchair and they have given me a full refund. Petite star on the other hand haven't responded to my emails at all!!! Will never buy from them again.

• 3 Wheeler

Type of Pushchair

Terrilou123's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2010

I am having the very same problem, my daughter in 20 months old and has tipped forward on 3 occasions! however MOTHERCARE are a lot LESS helpful, telling me the pram is safe, end off! I am currently awaiting legal advice.