Fox Stratos FS 10000 Fishing Reel Review

Guest's review of Fox Stratos FS 10000 Fishing Reel

“I bought two Fox Stratos FS10000's earlier this year....”

Written on: 03/11/2009

I bought two Fox Stratos FS10000's earlier this year. Initially they were a fantastic reel. Smooth, quick retrieve, excellent line lay, beautiful casting, the list goes on. I was exceptionally pleased with them. However after a few weeks use the spools kept coming off of the main shaft, during use. After much complaining and an 8 week wait, I finally received 2 new spools which worked for a few times and then the same problem and also the free spool tensioner just broke off in my hand..!! After sending both reels back to Fox and after a wait of 9 weeks this time and many angry phone calls to them I finally got my money refunded...

To sum up great reels but unreliable and absolutely appalling customer service from Fox, they should be ashamed.. I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy these reels, they have serious quality issues and the customer service is just not good enough.