Saffron Indian Restaurant, Guiseley, Leeds Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Saffron Indian Restaurant, Guiseley, Leeds

“I live just around the corner and used to come here...”

Written on: 28/10/2009

I live just around the corner and used to come here all the time - I still have the 'loyalty card' for them.

We've stopped going for a number of reasons but the main one is hygeine.

On the last 2 occasions we ate their the following happened:

I found a black hair inside my samosa - we pointed this out but they didn't want to know.

I then went to the gents and looked on the wall by the urinal to find approx 50+ dry bogies that had been wiped on the wall over a length of time that had never been cleaned up - I pointed this out to the owner and made him come in with me so he could see for himself. He was adamant that the toilet was regualrly cleaned but had no answer or interest in the fact I felt this was horrible.

The last time we went, this time my other half found a black hair in her food - again we complained and the waiter picked it out with his fingers and held it against my hair!!! (mine is mouse brown by the way) he then tried to accuse me of putting it in to get a free meal - I pointed out that we go all the time but he didn't care.

We complained (again) to the manager who still made us pay for everything (despite us stopping eating after the waiter stuck his fingers in the food) but said my partner could have a free meal next time we went in - Unsurprisingly we haven't been back. On the plus side the bogies had mostly gone from the toilet wall.

Personally I would go to the other Saffron which has recently opended in Guiseley - Food is pretty good but the hygeine is a million times better

• Indian

Food Type

• Over £25

Average cost per head

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Family-oriented