John Deere Gator CX 10hp Review

Guest's review of John Deere Gator CX 10hp

John Deere Gator CX 10hp

“LIKE: I bought it to do property maintenance and...”

Written on: 26/10/2009

LIKE: I bought it to do property maintenance and driveway snow plowing and it exceeded my expectations in versatility and power. The CV works well and the 10 hp industrial Kawasaki engine gets great mileage. I also move a boat trailer and utility trailer with ease. Off the beaten path it does surprisingly well (I bought the knobby tires). It is narrow enough to fit through tight squeezes which is nice and the diff lock can get you out of just about anything. Plus it will absolutely crawl which is nice in tight situation, loading it up, etc. It also does fit easily in an 8' pick up truck bed which was important to me- few if any others do. Really simple to operate.

DON'T LIKE: Forward and reverse is a bit "clunky"- Have to be careful to let the engine come to idle or you will chatter the gears a bit. Spare parts are expensive from Deere though you can get some parts from 3rd parties. It's a little slow if your going down the road.

Overall I really like the CX. Easily meets my needs and has so far been very economical to operate (110 hours so far).

• Petrol/Gas