Caroline Castigliano Wedding Dresses Review

kirsty88's review of Caroline Castigliano Wedding Dresses

“They have a nice selection of gowns at Caroline...”

Written on: 26/10/2009 by kirsty88 (88 reviews written)

They have a nice selection of gowns at Caroline Castigliano but the sales techniques in their store just off Oxford Street leave a lot to be desired. At first it was pretty funny that they wouldn't discuss dresses with me, just "visions" however this soon wore thin when i tried to explain that i actually had a pretty decent idea of the type of dress i wanted. I know everyone has different techniques and I am sure that some people find this works well, however the customer should always be right and if a bride would like to discuss dress styles, rather than 'romantic visions' she should be allowed to do so. The last straw came when i was trying to decide between two dresses, one by caroline castigliano and another by a different designer. The saleswoman i was dealing with in the Caroline Castigliano shop was nothing short of unprofessional and made some derogatory comments regarding the other designer. It was certainly not a small amount of money i was spending on this dress, however i felt that the experience of choosing the dress would have been more pleasurable elsewhere where i was put under less pressure.

Mealy_01's Response to kirsty88's Review

Written on: 18/01/2012

Agreed. I hated the word game they play. I said I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to place a word on how I would look...my mum said "determined" we did hope that put her off, but she continued. The store closed down a few weeks later though...says a lot!