Huddersfield, Firth Point Review

• Cleanliness

Uniteliving's review of Huddersfield, Firth Point

“Hi Everyone! ”

Written on: 26/10/2009 by Uniteliving (1 review written)

Hi Everyone!

I had major issues while my stay in firth point Huddersfield and I strongly recommend finding accommodation elsewhere. I moved out after 3 months to a much better and economical place.

On my first day to the UK, I met the first receptionist who dint even knows whether she can take money by cash or not. As you know not many will have a bank account before entering UK. Secondly the room which they allotted me belonged to civil service flat and I did not fit there. Also I asked for a change of room in matter of 10 minutes but they refused and asked me to pay fine of 50 pounds for the same. Also they don't allow to see the rooms before you book. To make it worse they did not arrange my room and it was very cold. It was told that they will provide sleeping kit, but I went all the way to Snow Island to purchase a kit and they say it's not available and that we can get in supermarkets. It was 2am in the morning and they expect an international student to go to a supermarket when it's not even open at that time. I had to sleep without a blanket or bed sheet for the whole night and was shivering with terrible cold, thanks to Unite.

That's not it guys I had regular problems with the rent payment as they did not tract my payments properly. Also the customer service in the main headquarters is also bad and there is no communication between them and the unite employees, both speak differently.

And one more thing they keep increasing the rent amount almost everymonth and inform about this without fail.

Please guys please find a better accomodation from internet searching!

Gud Luk!