Panasonic SD255 Breadmaker Review

• Style

• Service & Support

Skirrid's review of Panasonic SD255 Breadmaker

Panasonic SD255 Breadmaker

“I had an LG bread maker for 10 years before I bought...”

Written on: 26/10/2009 by Skirrid (3 reviews written)

I had an LG bread maker for 10 years before I bought the Panasonic. I was very pleased with it, but must say that the Pany is better. It makes a bigger, lighter, better shaped loaf, but I find that the bread is so lovely and light that the XL size is very difficult to slice without making a mess of the loaf. It's even too big to fit in my electric slicer, so I stick to Large.

I use the machine almost every day, mostly for Wholemeal, White, Pizza Dough and occasionally Malt bread and Pesto bread.

My biggest problem is I sometimes forget to put in the water. After 10 years of putting it in first it's a wrench getting used to putting it in last.

I love the fact that you can have a short power cut and it will just pick up where it left off and I love the fact that you can make a loaf in under 2 hours and pizza dough in 35 mins. Much faster than my old machine. The fast cycle gives slightly heavier bread, but is still very good. The full Wholemeal cycle is a lengthy 5 hours (white is 4), but as I usually run it overnight that's not a problem and the bread is most certainly worth the wait.

My paddle has only come off twice in a loaf in 300-400 uses.

The only downside is that there is some brown discolouration of the white plastic from the heat at the hinge.

A great machine.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Carries on after a power cut

Special Features

• Durability

• Style

Derekhyde's Response to Skirrid's Review

Written on: 05/01/2010

I found this review very helpful because...It was honest

Oksteve's Response to Skirrid's Review

Written on: 10/01/2010

I did read somewhere that a breadmaker vibrated slightly and was not safe to leave on a counter top, did you find that this breadmaker went walkabout in the night ?