Beretta AL 391 Extrema Review

Guest's review of Beretta AL 391 Extrema

“I just spent 4 days goose and duck hunting with my new...”

Written on: 21/10/2009

I just spent 4 days goose and duck hunting with my new Beretta AL 391 Xtrema 2 (with KO) and had to write this review. This gun is simply amazing and I am convinced that it is the finest waterfowing gun ever designed. The most impressive feature has to be the lack of recoil compared to any of the other flagship models on the market today. My hunting buddies could not believe that my shoulder showed no signs of bruising after 3 boxes of 3 1/2" #2 Black Clouds, despite being a very light gun and many rounds fired wearing only a t-shirt. Recoil feels more like a push than a punch and is nothing like any other semi-auto shotgun I have fired. (Remingtons, Winchesters, Brownings, Benellis, Franchis etc.) It cycles anything without problems and cleaning is a breeze. The list of features is long and I'm sure you have read it so I'll just say that the claims are true. The cost was considerable but this is a 30+ year investment for me and as such, I'll be money ahead in a few years. I've handled and shot the SBE II and while it is a fine gun that I would be proud to own, you owe it to yourself to try the Xtrema before you buy one. I'm certain in a side by side comparison, you'll be selecting the Beretta. If you are undecided or on the fence regarding this purchase, let me assure you that you will not be dissappointed with this gun.