Siemens HB750550B Review

• Service & Support

nicoladuddy's review of Siemens HB750550B

Siemens HB750550B

“16/10/09 ”

Written on: 16/10/2009 by nicoladuddy (1 review written)

16/10/09

I had 2 siemens HB750550B pyroklean ovens installed in my new kitchen 10months ago, I set one to clean on the 7th Oct 2009, and 15 mins into its cleaning I heard a huge bang and went to the kitchen to find my oven door had exploded and shattered outwards accross my kitchen. I was terrified, as was my 6 year old daughter, the intense heat of the cleaning cycle was still in operation, I quickly switched the main power to the ovens off. I phoned siemens to report the incident to a very non enthused member of staff who said it will be 3 days before an engineer will be there to inpect the work. (asked how can this happen , has it happened before, yes but very seldom and unusual) Not entirely happy with the response time and finding it very difficult to stop large shards of glass dropping from what was left of the oven door (damaging my new walnut wood floor)I did phone back to try to get the engineer sooner.(no luck)I had to be available between 9-5 on Friday 10th, (no appointments available or even am/pm...not great I work full time). The engineer phoned on the Fri 10th 9am ..the oven door to replace mine had arrived to him broken and they had run out of stock...(is this something that happens frequently?...no he replied....shall I put my other identical oven to clean and see if it too shatters?....no the chances of this happening again very unlikely.....I wonder why they have run out of stock). Thur 15th Oct siemens phoned to say they have the door, it will be Tues the 20th before they can get an engineer to me, they have staff off just now and cannot fix the door sooner.....What will Tues the 20th bring, I have been nearly 2 weeks without an oven...and siemens are fairly laid back about all of this. I really fear using this pyroklean function in the future, but that is the main reason I bought this style of oven so why shouldn't I?.....and will they repair the doors in the future if it happens again?

• 6 - 12 months