Citroen C15 Champ 1.9D 765D Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

TBirdDen's review of Citroen C15 Champ 1.9D 765D

“Please read for very important tip! I have recently...”

Written on: 16/10/2009 by TBirdDen (1 review written)

Please read for very important tip! I have recently bought a Romahome built on the C15 and am very pleased with it, as it is small enough to use all year round. Whist reading up on them I read that they are prone to rusting, especially the front bulk head. Having spent all my life in the car body repair business, I decided to look into this. I found that rain water which enters through the air intake grill just in front of the windscreen where the wiper are fitted is meant to drain out through a drain pipe fitted behind the jack mounting plate in the engine compartment. If this drain pipe gets blocked it will hold a few gallons of water which when it gets to a certain level eventually finds its way out by travelling down the inside of the door pillows into the sills and hopefully out onto the road. This water causes corrosion from the inside out and also whilst this pond of water is inside the vehicle evaporates into the entire roof crevasse causing yet more corrosion. But don't dispair, it is easily rectified.

Remove the jack from the rear of the engine compartment, and then remove it mounting plate (black elliptical plate) (When I did gallons of water came gushing out). In the centre of the recess toward the front but behind the lip is the drain hole, poke a piece of wire down the drain hole to make sure it is free Just below this on the outside of the bulk head is a rubber pipe fitted to the other end of the drain hole. Remove the rubber pipe and make sure it is unblocked. A final check should be to pour a jug of water onto the air vent by the wiper and watch the water run freely out of the tube onto the road.

• 1999

• Practicality

• Reliability

Paulh1's Response to TBirdDen's Review

Written on: 28/03/2010

I found this review very helpful because...i am going to buy one of these for my courier work and expect to keep it some while so thank you very much for your help.

Kimnx1982's Response to TBirdDen's Review

Written on: 30/04/2011

this was a very helpful review as i have just purchaced a 2002 c15 the only problem is it has already rusted in the areas described i hope its not too late to stop this coroding anymore and i am currently thinking of the best way to fill in all the rust holes etc

Tesswithvan's Response to TBirdDen's Review

Written on: 13/03/2011

I found this review very helpful because I have just bought a 1994 C15 Romahome and have wondered why so many were rusted in the area described. I found this review months ago whilst still searching for a van, it gave me confidence, I just hope I can do the practical stuff and although I cant see any rust in this area yet I want to keep it that way. Thanks

Artylife's Response to TBirdDen's Review

Written on: 23/01/2011

Checked out my c15 for the problem you outlined as I had been getting some water in the footwells, and found it had the exact problem as you found with the blocked drain-hole... really glad you took the time to leave the really useful comment...Thanks very much...Paul

Teibaz's Response to TBirdDen's Review

Written on: 14/04/2010

I found this review very helpful because I am in process of buying one. It is great when others take the time to submit helpful hints.
<br/>Thank you