Premier Signia Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Guest's review of Premier Signia

Premier Signia

“Superb drums! I have the Premier Signia Topaz clear...”

Written on: 14/10/2009

Superb drums! I have the Premier Signia Topaz clear finish over the maple wood with a 24" bass drum, 16" floor tom and 14" rack tom set up.

The drums are extremely well built. It's certainly one of the best sounding kits I've played, if not the best. Bought mine second hand, piece by piece and managed to find a non varnished premier signia maple snare drum a few months after collecting the other drums.

Buying a Signia second hand represents UNBELIEVABLE value for money and should hold its value for many years to come i.e. they don't make 'em like this anymore.

Only downside is tracking down kits for sale, as most people that own them, wont sell them. I was lucky and bought several drums from two ex-premier endorsees, who happened to have some spare drums!

These drums are also very powerful in sound. I have not yet recorded with them and still at the time, experimenting with different heads. The bass drum sounds incredible, as do the Toms. If I'm being honest, I haven't quite managed to get the sound out of the snare drum that I was hoping for, having previously had a 5.5 inch Pearl Masters MMX snare drum, but I'm working on it!!! I suspect its just my tuning capability (always had trouble with snare drums).

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Intermediate

Reviewer's Musical Standard