Umberto's, Norwich Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Umberto's, Norwich

“I went here for a 65th birthday meal on a Saturday...”

Written on: 12/10/2009

I went here for a 65th birthday meal on a Saturday night.

Service: OK and attentive, although don't recall coming over and asking if everything was ok. Also, if we wanted any pepper which for an Italian is very strange.

Presentation: The resertaunt could do with a facelift, saying it has a retro feel would be diplomatic.

Food: I enjoyed the food but thought it pretty average in comparisons to many other italian resteraunts given the cost (Which still though isn't excessive).

Drink: Wine is disappointing. £18 for the cheapest bottle, otherwise you have to by a jug of unitentied house. One thing which is massivly dissapointing is the fact that its their policy not to provide a just of tap water if requested!! Even though we were have 3 courses and coffee, plus wine. This is even printed on the menu. Something so small really mare's the evening and got peoples backs up amd leaves the waiting staff in a sticky position. Just to get a few extra pounds

Over all (Other than the drink) not a bad experience but not somewhere I would go again given the wealth of other choices. I am all for giving my money to local run resteraunts but given the choice, I would rather go to pizza express/strada than here again.

• Italian

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Family-oriented