Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening Review

Guest's review of Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“Here is the deal. It's not the product, it's the...”

Written on: 10/10/2009

Here is the deal. It's not the product, it's the stylist. I have had it done 3 times in the last 5 years. First time it was CHI which made my hair pin straight, but b/c the stylist was pulling on it while the chemical was on my hair to keep it straight, half my hair broke off during the process.

My sister who has super kinky coarse hair tried it with someone else, and it looked fab. I decided to give it another shot and went to a new stylist who used CHI and told her about my experience and she was nervous and used the less potent CHI formula, and when I washed it after the 3rd day, it was like I never had it done. Come to find out when I called CHI she was not even licensed by them (not trained) to use their product.

My sister gets it done again (she used Alterna and a stylist that was very dediated to JHS) and of course it looked fab. I decided 3rd time is a charm. Unfortunately, the stylist my sister used moved out of state, so I found a stylist in Tampa that specializes in it, Anna Bang Hair Design. She uses the Liscio system and noticed when she started she used something that looked like a deoderant stick near my roots. That's to protect my roots from the chmical. Duh. Wish the first stylist had followed-procedure.

What I am saying is, any of the products will work, but the outcome depends on the technique. Make sure they use something to cover your roots. Also, take personal responsibility. Don't get your hair done every six months. I get it once a year and use my flat iron in between. Be smart about it and you will LOVE IT!