Madrid, Spain Review

erena's review of Madrid, Spain

“I spend a weekend in Madird two weeks ago. It is a...”

Written on: 24/09/2009 by erena (102 reviews written)

I spend a weekend in Madird two weeks ago. It is a very pretty city absolutely worth visiting. One of the things that I nejoyed the most was just strolling along the streets and admiring the beautiful buildings, one of the most stunning architecture I've seen is in Madird. We visited the Templo de Debod (Temple of Debod) which is an ancient Egyptian temple moved from Egypt to Madrid in 1968. It was a donation from the Egyptian state to the Spanish state. It is an interesting ancient building. Then we went to see the Palacio Real, the offical residence of the King of Spain. It is a very pretty aristocratic building with nice gardens and parks, very nice to take pictures. We stralled along Garn Via to Plaza Mayor and then went to the El Prado Museum, which I couldn't vsiit inside but looks like a great cultural attraction and I know it holds numerous fanous paintings from the most renowed Spanish artist. The rest of the day, as the weatehr was lovely we spent at the Parque de Buen Retiro, a great park with fantastic lake where you can hire a boat and sail in the lake. There is a very interesting monument in the park as well. Fantastic for pictures. Madrid has a vibrant nightlife, a lot is going on in there, lovely night bars, tapas restaurants, the food is absolutely delicious. There are lots of nice shops as well, so there is plenty to do and see in Madrid.