Strada Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Angels Sin's review of Strada

“This review is about Strada in West Hampstead. ”

Written on: 14/09/2009 by Angels Sin (82 reviews written)

This review is about Strada in West Hampstead.

I visited Strada at around 2pm on Saturday afternoon. It wasn't very busy but still managed to create a nice relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. We seated ourselves at a slightly wobbly table outside and were quickly welcomed with a selection of menus and told about the special lunch offer, then we were left to make our choices.

We felt the menu, wine especially looked a little expensive for the type of restaurant Strada is (the cheapest being around £17), however we settled on a bottle of white for about £22. We also ordered water, risotto and I had Spaghetti Al Ragu. We were asked if we would like Garlic Bread whilst we waited which we agreed to. The wine was ought to our table quickly and the garlic bread followed after round 10 minutes. It was presented in a large basket and looked more like garlic pita bread. It looked slightly greasy, but I was pleased to find that this was nit the case on tasting. It was hot and good, although didn't taste very strongly of garlic.

Around 20 minutes later our main course arrived. This is when the size of our small table for two became a problem. It was a hard squeeze to accommodate a basket of bread, wine and water bottles as well as two main courses.

My Spaghetti was nicely cooked and plenty of it although lacked a little flavour. The risotto I'm told was delicious.

We didn't feel rushed through our meal and found our lunch very enjoyable with nice food and attentive waiting staff.

The bill came to £47 including a service charge and we look forward to a return visit.

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Quiet/Refined