Strada Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Strada

“I have had an appalling experience at Strada...”

Written on: 14/09/2009

I have had an appalling experience at Strada Birmingham ICC. First time I went to Strada I was very impressed with their service and food, however it was a different story this time. I found this waiter very rude and unhelpful from the start. Originally we just wanted to have drinks and asked a table for 7 people. He told me that we had to sit in two separate tables so I asked if it's OK to put them together, then he went "ah, not really because they are round table". At this point I had already known everything we ask would be a hassle for him. We helped ourselves to put them closer and sat down. Some of us decided to have food as well so we asked for a food menu. Then he pulled an annoyed face AGAIN and went inside. I was not going to take his attitude anymore and said "if it's a hassle for you, we are going to go out". He started speaking to me in an aggressive manner so I walked away. He was still carrying on telling us what he was trying to say in a rude manner at our table and apparently he did not want us to be having a food at where we were even though all other tables were empty apart from one. Then when he started putting other tables together for us, a table's leg caught a chair and a glass fell on the floor and broke. My hand was touching the table as I was trying to help but I did not push. All my friends were watching so they knew I didn't, but the waiter started shouting at me saying he is not going to take this abuse and accusing me of pushing the table to disturb him because he was totally wound up. We just walked away from the restaurant at this point. I just cannot believe he did not realise himself that he was moody and rude from the start. I am not an unreasonable person to complain about anything unless I feel to be treated rudely and unfairly.

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Lively