Written on: 13/09/2009
GARDMAN 8X6 Polycarbonate Greenhouse Review:-
Overall we are happy with what we have, however we have been building it together for the best part of 2 full days (out at 8am and only just come in at 6pm 2 days straight)I guess we didnt expect it to take so long and myself and my partner are more than comfortable with DIY.
1. Use Sealant if you are in a high wind area otherwise you will be chasing your panels - try and use clear as white will show all the mistakes and errors you have with the gun. The glazing clips are a nightmare avoid at all cost!!!
2. Ensure you prepare the foundations and use a base - this is the best tip I think as far as I am concered.
3. Lay the parts out and build as you go along dont try and build without looking at the instructions for some guidance - yes the instructions say that but believe you me they say it for a reason!!!
4. Build with someone who can tolerate tantrums and swearing (thank goodness my partner is extremely tolerant)
5. Make sure you take a break when you need one, a cup of tea, cig, walk around in a circle or simply a storming off for a few minutes should do the trick.
6. DO NOT BUY THIS GREENHOUSE IF YOU WANT A POP UP TENT IT TAKES TIME TO BUILD.
I love my greenhouse now it is built but if I had of written this review last night I dont think I would have even given it one star. Its dreadful to put up, flimsy until you secure it to the base etc, but the inside is spacious and is going to be wonderful for all the lovely plants etc I have planned for growing in it.
Yes you do get what you paid for and this is for an amature gardner or family who are starting out, but remember a greenhouse is what you make it once it is built, I really do think that this greenhouse is going to do us well for a good few years to come.
As rated by real users
"Abysmal instructions" Read More
"Panels Blown Away" Read More
"Assembling a Gardman Greenhouse" Read More
"DONT BUY THIS" Read More
"Palram Palram Bal Aluminium Fr..." Read More