Gamo Shadow 1000 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

gamoshadow1k's review of Gamo Shadow 1000

“I bought my shadow 1k .22 for about 750 AED last...”

Written on: 12/09/2009 by gamoshadow1k (1 review written)

I bought my shadow 1k .22 for about 750 AED last April 2007 and I send it to Philipines to use for hunting and flinking. When I was in the store I have no idea how good is this riffle I ask to the saleman which is fast moving in their store and they say this Gamo shadow 1k then I chose it. The first fire without pellet it was almost a loud as live 22 rimfire riffle. With a smoke almost same at two stroke engine exhaust. I used the diable pelet and it is acurate at 15 meters with a group of about .5 inches. open site. then I try to use scope 3-9 x 32 and it is only good for 3 shots and it moves backward and the mounting broken. then I removed acope and I used laser sight That I bought from Dragon mart and it is realy work now it is easy to hit the target with a .25 group at 20 meters.

• Accuracy

• Handling

One Shot One Kill's Response to gamoshadow1k's Review

Written on: 27/05/2010

FYI you never dry fire a spring pellet gun.There is no compression with out a pellet.The only pellet gun that can be dry fired is a non spring gun. Beeman P-17 pistol,PCP rifles,(tank guns). If you dry fire a spring gun,you will damage the seal, if you constandly dry fire it. Also you have to fire about 500 rounds of pellets (tin of pellets) before your air gun will settle down and be accurate. Do not hold an air gun tight,hold loose as a goose. Thanks to Mr. Don Walker from Beeman Airguns who I've had the pleasure of knowing for the past 28 yrs.