Dulux PaintPod Roller System Review

JeffMcC75's review of Dulux PaintPod Roller System

“I bought the Dulux Paint Pod for painting my entire...”

Written on: 07/09/2009 by JeffMcC75 (1 review written)

I bought the Dulux Paint Pod for painting my entire apartment. I got it for £42 on a special deal in HomeBase, so a bit of a bargain compared to the £65 RRP. So far I have used it to paint two massive ceilings. There is a knack to using the paint pod as its quite different to using a standard roller and tray.

Firstly the paint is pumped onto the roller in a small trickle, so you really have to hold the button down whilst moving the roller until you have plenty of paint all over the roller, not just the middle. Use different sweeping directions to ensure the roller gets well coated. Then keep the button pressed whilst you roll out onto new areas, it wont drip if you keep the roller moving. Also make sure you have rolled the paint off the roller before making any sudden movements when swinging it away from the wall/ceiling. If you have loaded the roller with lots of paint and you swing it, it will drip! it cant defy laws of physics. Doing my first ceiling i did manage to drip paint on the carpet, but when i realised how this was happening remembered to always keep roller pointing upwards when moving it away from surfaces and it hasn't dripped on me since.

Secondly it is very good at self cleaning. Though you do need to run the cleaning system twice with 2 x 5 ltrs of hot water (not boiling!). You will need to detach the roller from its handle and give it a finish off rinse and wring out in the sink, but it takes 30 seconds as apposed to 10 mins in a sink splattering watery paint everywhere. Then let the roller dry by standing it on end. DON'T reattach it to the handle and put it back in the paint pod as it will never dry in there!

The system isn't perfect, but for £42 is saves a lot of messy paint pouring, back bending roller loading, dripping paint on carpet/furniture accidently standing in paint tray incidents! Follow my advice above and you will find it not a completely fool proof, but definitely a more convenient way of painting.

Elleceebee's Response to JeffMcC75's Review

Written on: 19/09/2009

I found this review very helpful because...I have just purchased the paint pod and this review has given me some very useful tips that will set me off with some prior knowledge gained from practical experience, thankyou.