Stihl MS270 Review

Guest's review of Stihl MS270

Stihl MS270

“I'm wondering if everyone who has reviewed the Stihl...”

Written on: 07/09/2009

I'm wondering if everyone who has reviewed the Stihl ms 270 works for Stihl.

I have never had a more undependable chain saw. you can spend an hour trying to start it and never even get a pop. and the next day it starts fine.

on average it takes 20 minutes to add gas as the cap is incredibly fussy. once it's off, good luck getting it back on. I once took it to the dealer and he took another 15 minutes trying to get it back on.

Flylipsdad's Comment

Written on: 27/11/2013

Look for spark!My brother and I both have 270's.His has given him fits from not starting from time to time.Mine has run great and never given me a problem until now.Both of us small engine mechanics, we tore into his when it Completely quit sparking.Bad ignition module - $62.00.Now mine is doin the same thing AND it does come and go.Runs for a while and then just stops sparking.Junk ignition Modules,but otherwise my brothers run great NOW,and mine will too when I get it back together.Might add I've probably cut close to 300 face cord with mine on the same Bar - but its about totally fried.Good oil and Maintence makes ALL the difference.