iCandy Apple Review

Arellegee's review of iCandy Apple

iCandy Apple

“I did a lot of research before we eventually settled...”

Written on: 31/08/2009 by Arellegee (1 review written)

I did a lot of research before we eventually settled upon buying an icandy Apple. It looked great, felt very sturdy (yet light) and most importantly it would convert into a double buggy as we planned to have another bbay soon after the first.

We bought the 3 wheeler and within 6 months we had experienced...

1. The cover on the bassinet ripped after about a month of opening and closing it.

2. The tyres continually go flat (not covered under warranty). We replaced inner tubes ourselves.

3. The front tyre rubs on the basket and has worn right through the fabric. icandy have agreed to replace this but it doesn't exactly solve the problem.

4. The button you need to press to collapse the buggy fell off. The shop I bought the pram from had a bunch of these spare (a common problem?) which they sent out to me.

5. It's very unstable when you are on a hill and are going sideways. If you don't have a good hold when you are moving it tips to the side.

6. The pump to blow up the tyres was faulty. The shop replaced.

I had a Quinny with my eldest son and I used it continually for 4 years and had no problems at all. So to come across all these problems in less than 6 months suggests that this product is very much still in its trial phase. Perhaps in a few years time they will have it sussed as it's potentially an excellent pram.

• 3 in 1