Haven Holidays, Craig Tara, Ayr Review

Guest's review of Haven Holidays, Craig Tara, Ayr

“just got back from craig tara stayed from monday to...”

Written on: 29/08/2009

just got back from craig tara stayed from monday to friday, our party had 6 people in it my wife & myself & our 4 children aged between 3&15, having read some reviews we were not looking forward to our visit so we set off with cleaning stuff packed!!! that was a total waste of money that was. we were on the half board basis food was good lots of choice prices of drink in bars was just the same as going too my local £2.70 a pint or buy a 4 pint jug for around a £10er the staff at the park were brill the fun stars were the best 110% effort not sure what some people think they are going to get for there money we paid £319 for 4 night stay divide that by 6 & this place is value for money i would recommend it but go HALF BOARD or miss out!!

Anneea's Comment

Written on: 10/09/2009

I stayed at Craig Tara a few days after this for the August Bank Holiday weekend. Value for money was fab as we only paid £120 for five of us for two nights. We went self catering but ate in the various food outlets. Food was good if a bit overpriced. However, having stayed at another Haven Park earlier in the season where the Funstars were second to none, I was really disappointed with the funstars. They were totally disinterested and lacking PZAZZ!!!! When one of my daughters went to ask one of them something he just gave her a dirty look and walked off!!!!! The park itself was beautiful, very clean. The pool was fantastic. Our caravan could have been cleaned a bit better - it just had a "sticky" feel to everything but hey you can put up with that for a couple of days. I guess my biggest disappointment was the funstars - not what i have grown to expect from Haven over the years that I have visited.

Paulhutch's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2009

I found this review very helpful because...
<br/>I'm married with 4 kids between 2 & 14. Went to butlins last year (minehead) & had a great time but dont fancy doing the drive from stranraer again! this sounds like a great alternative