Achievum Live Mk 1 High Performance Cable Review

• Sound Quality

Guest's review of Achievum Live Mk 1 High Performance Cable

Achievum Live Mk 1 High Performance Cable

“I saw these achievum live mk1 cables at a hifi show...”

Written on: 27/08/2009

I saw these achievum live mk1 cables at a hifi show and was told that they where a new cable brand from a rather small company in Europe that catered to the high-end segment. I like my current system set-up (Dynaudio Contour 3.4, Primare I30 and Audio Research CD3) and did not want to change any of those components, but was curious for some new tweaking. So I decided to try the Live Mk 1 speaker cables.

I have Analysis plus cables since before and had some Nordost at hand so I was very curious to see how they would perform.

I found them to provide a new level of intimacy in vocals and instruments. After running them in my system for a little while I gave them a good listen and was surprised at the clear highs and midrange. It is difficult to describe but vocals seems more neutral and conveying. Also, plain instruments like guitars etc came across as amazingly rich compared with what I have normally heard when reproduced (I am a big fan of "acoustic" as well as the good old fender guitar sound). As for the bass I had to listen for a while and compare back and forth before making my conclusion. At first I thought is was not so well extended, however a more in-depth listen showed it to be just as extended but more taut and nuanced than before.

I find that the company's tagline "closer to the live performance" is quite spot-on

Pros: I really like them and I will keep them although there is a 30 day test and return policy.

Con: Not very much at this time, the packing and wrapping was not very fancy

• Sound Quality