Crosman 760 PumpMaster Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Pulverizer's review of Crosman 760 PumpMaster

“I bought a Crosman 760 Pumpmaster at Walmart about a...”

Written on: 25/08/2009 by Pulverizer (4 reviews written)

I bought a Crosman 760 Pumpmaster at Walmart about a month ago to hunt house sparrows. Before I bought it, I read reviews on this site, and most said that the Pumpmaster would work on a sparrow. I started out with bbs. Several times I shot the birds from about 23 ft. It didn't work. It merely knocked them off the post, or made a big poof of feathers. the one time that I did disable one was the time I shot from under it. So, I bought some lead-free pellets(Gamo Pba Raptors) and tried those. They didn't kill the sparrow either. It seemed that the wings deflect the pellet so it doesn't have enough force left to take a sparrow out. Overall, this is a nice air gun. The box that it came in did not say that it was a hunting gun. For targeting, this a very very nice gun, because it can take both bbs and pellets, for the pellets are expensive. I bought a cheap Daisy scope($6) to put on it,and that works very well too. The only thing I did not like about this is that it tires my arms out to pump it a lot. I would certainly recommend this to a friend for target shooting. I am upgrading to a 1000 fps. air gun. A Crosman G1 Extreme.

• Accuracy