E & L Wedding Insurance www.eandl.co.uk Review

Guest's review of E and L Wedding Insurance www.eandl.co.uk

“We had to rearrange our wedding with just a few weeks...”

Written on: 24/08/2009

We had to rearrange our wedding with just a few weeks to go as the venue went bankrupt, we really couldn't afford the extra costs as we had already paid registras, room hire and other deposits - but we were fully insured for the extra costs, so we thought. To save money on the re-arrangements we even cut back on or cancelled lots of the things that make a wedding special, like the hen party, having my hair & makeup done, chair covers, bridal flowers and buttonholes (I had to take an extra holiday from work and do my own) and some of the entertainment. The whole thing has been extremely stressful, but 3 months following our claim all we get, when we call, is that the "claim is being processed". We have not had a written acknowledgement of any email or letter that we have sent to them, to date, and after reading the reviews online I suspect our only choice is to follow up with the threat of solicitors or ombudsman, as if we hadn't had enough to contend with. I really hope no one else insures their wedding with
E and L - this is just too important a day for it to be spoiled like this. The computer has made me give them a one star rating, I would prefer to give them NONE.

Richardwb's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2010

I found this review very helpful because it gave fair warning about how bad this company is. Damning reviews are often more helpful than good ones!

Alan Campbell's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2010

I found this review very helpful because...as the company concerened are not very 'customer orienated' will be looking elswhere!!

Splottlandsonthemoors's Comment

Written on: 20/09/2010

I found this review very helpful because it gave me a heads up on a company to avoid based on a first-hand experience.