Husqvarna 350 Chain Saw Review

Guest's review of Husqvarna 350 Chain Saw

Husqvarna 350 Chain Saw

“I have read all of the past reviews on the Husqvarna...

Written on: 23/08/2009

I have read all of the past reviews on the Husqvarna 350 Chain Saw and I know why there is a lot of people with problems with the saw. I think it is great I just finished my 50th cord of wood with this thing and have had it for three years. Not sure exactly who it is that states it should have a 50-1 mix, maybe the EPA. What I can tell you is that this is completely wrong. It makes the saw run too hot, causing the aluminum head to heat up thus mufflers coming off, warping the bar etc....It makes the saw run too hot. It should be a 32-1 mix, When I mix mine with a 32-1 mix with 93 octane fuel it runs like a raped ape, I would recomend this saw to amybody. I use 32-1 in all my two strokes. It is the way to go.

Awzap's Comment

Written on: 26/01/2010

I found this review very helpful because I had a 350 that ran fine but overheated, leading to some of the problems reported. I have also been advised not to make the mix richer as it will clog the carb. It may be that after three years of use the 350, now with a blown cylinder, was affected by ethanol in the gas. In earlier years there was no ethanol - now there is 10 percent in our gas here in California. Ethanol can dissolve rubber in the fuel line or, if the gas tank is plastic, it may dissolve the inner wall - as power boat owners have discovered. Does anyone know if this occurs with Husqvarna tanks?

Bluethumb's Comment

Written on: 07/04/2010

I would never run any of my petrol-powered hand tools on pump gas, only clean-burning synthetic alkylate fuel (a premix for chainsaws in this case, 1:50 or 2%). This is the same type of fuel professional lumberjacks have used for decades in some parts of the world, e.g in Scandinavia. The advantages far outweigh the higher cost of this fuel: - far cleaner exhaust, much less risky to inhale for the operator (almost smoke- and odorless) and of course much better for the environment - much better for the machine with less carbon deposits, far longer spark plug life - the fuel does not become stale with time, works just as well after months and even years without clogging the fuel line. Apart from that, I'd say the number one factor to prevent a chainsaw from overheating is a correct carburetor adjustment, number two is to make sure the muffler (including the spark arrestor mesh) never becomes clogged. The carburetor adjustment takes experience to get right, too lean fuel/air-mix will kill any chainsaw, too rich and it 4-strokes also under load and will perform miserably. I have a saw very similar to the 350, an almost ten year old Husky 340 that still works perfectly despite being heavily used. Sounds and feels like a furious racing engine, these are truly awesome saws and a pleasure to use!