Michelin Pilot Road Review

• Durability

• Road Noise

monkimagic's review of Michelin Pilot Road

“Tyres ”

Written on: 17/08/2009 by monkimagic (9 reviews written)

Tyres

Since I have owned my VFR750 f-l, which has been 2 years now I have had 2 sets of tyres, it came with Metzlers Z4 tyres which were iffy but OK in the dry and down right awful in the wet but I could get to the edge of them,

Next was Dunlops, this was a mistake, awful tyre, the bikes balance was ruined, it felt like it was falling into corners although the dry grip level was OK the wet again was ropy.

I have recently put on a set of Michelin pilot roads, I have had Pilots powers on my Z1000 for a few years now and love them so was hopeful well after the first 50 miles I was at the edge of the rubber. The bike was happy as anything, so much more grip and the profile is perfect, With in an hour I was scraping the pegs on some of my favourite B road corners.

This was fine as it was dry, then last week on some god awful rain the pilot roads again came to their own, the grip was fantastic, no scary moments and the confidence to push in the wet was fantastic. Although I have still have better confidence on my Zed but it's a newer bike with uprated Ohlins suspension.

Anyone wanted good confidence inspiring tyres, get the fat mans rubber .Michelins

• Durability

• Road Handling

• Road Noise

Wigman's Response to monkimagic's Review

Written on: 05/10/2010

I found this review very helpful because...I am buying a set of New Tyres for My HONDA CBR600f Motorbike.

Mickyb461's reply to Wigman's Comment

Written on: 15/06/2013

i have a set of pilots on my zzr600 and think they are brilliant 6000 miles and loads of tread left and so inspiring . love the tread pattern too .