Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter Review

Guest's review of Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“I have had a Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T for four to five...”

Written on: 16/08/2009

I have had a Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T for four to five years. We have two gardens 10m x 5m and 10m x 30 with mainly Berberis, Leylandi, Lonicera and Holly hedges. The Bosch has been used to cut these twice a year, for the Leylandi to keep them down to 2m I have used normal branch cutters on the thicker branches. It did seem pretty heavy especially cutting the Leylandi hedge which is 10m long. This spring it stopped working, why I don't know but on its last cutting mission it just got slower and slower till I had to stop using it. Now it works for a few seconds and then makes a deep droning noise perhaps this is the motors bushes? So four to five years, 2 cuts a year thats a maximum of 10 cuts for £80, - I'm disappointed.

Jhfc's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2010

Thanks for your review. Having suffered two purchasing disasters with other makes of hedge trimmer I was looking at this particular model, thinking that it would actually work properly.
<br/>
<br/>I won't bother wasting my money on this, so thanks again for saving me a lot of trouble.
<br/>
<br/>Having read the various hedge trimmer reviews, in addition to my own experiences, it appears to be impossible to buy a hedge trimmer that is fit for purpose these days.