Dell Latitude D820 Review

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Taylott's review of Dell Latitude D820

Dell Latitude D820

“I've had my Dell D820 Latitude for about 3 years. ...”

Written on: 12/08/2009 by Taylott (173 reviews written)

I've had my Dell D820 Latitude for about 3 years. During that time, I have never had a problem with it. I really do look after my equipment though, and never leave it around. The memory installed is fine for my needs, and it powers all my applications with no problems whatsoever. The screen size is great, and after 3 years, I can see no burn in, or pixel failure.

The hard drive capacity is ample, although I do store the majority of my work on an external hard drive. Battery life is good when the battery is new. I've had to replace my battery once, but that is to be expected.

I've had to call Dell once at the very beginning of my Latitude's life, and arrange for an engineer to fix a very minor fault with the keyboard. It was still under warranty and the laptop was fixed within 5 minutes. I was very impressed with the service I received from Dell.

The Latitude D820 is actually quite a big laptop compared to the smaller, slimmer versions you get today. So if you're moving around quite a bit, invest in a decent laptop case offering good shoulder support. I wouldn't recommend the D820 to use on trains or planes whilst commuting into work for example. It's just a little bit too big and too heavy.

Overall, I'd recommend the Dell Latitude D820, and I'd also recommend Dell as a company if you're in the market to buy a new laptop.

• Over 1 Year

Time Laptop Owned

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Blackmagicstar4's Response to Taylott's Review

Written on: 03/09/2009

I found this review helpful because...it included good basic information

Klea's Response to Taylott's Review

Written on: 05/04/2010

I found this review very helpful because...i also had a dell computer, it is almost 5 years now. same experience with the product

Beauty8's Response to Taylott's Review

Written on: 03/02/2010

I found this review helpful because the battery is good.i buy it from http://www.udtek.com

Housesturkey's Response to Taylott's Review

Written on: 11/09/2009

As a high school graduation gift, my parents bought me a Dell Latitude D820 15.4" widescreen notebook. While Dell's Inspiron line is squarely aimed at the consumer market, the Latitude line is geared more towards the academic, small business, and corporate user. This is evidenced by the Latitudes' superior build quality, sober styling, lack of media-centric features, and higher price. Price-wise and size-wise, the Latitude D820 sits atop the thin-and-light 14" widescreen D620 and the budget oriented 14" standard-aspect D520 in the Latitude lineup. The D820 is an updated version of the D810 and features the Intel Core Duo processor to replace the D810's Pentium M as well a significant weight reduction from the D810. According to CNET Labs, "While the 3.2kg [7.05lbs] Latitude D810 was more of a desktop replacement, the 2.8kg [6.17lbs] approaches the more portable thin-and-light territory." This newfound svelteness, coupled with the D820's impressive computing power, makes it a formidable contender in the mid-size business notebook category.
<br/>