Camp-let Royal Review

royalcamper's review of Camp-let Royal

“We have recently bought a Camp-let Royal with both a...”

Written on: 22/07/2009 by royalcamper (1 review written)

We have recently bought a Camp-let Royal with both a side and front awning. Having never heard of a trailer tent, until a friend brought it our attention, at first we where sceptical that it would be worth the money. However, having 3 children all under 6 years old we decided to go for the Royal, as it has the most options, in terms of extentions etc. The tent is both roomy and comfortable we have used it in both cold and warm weather and have been impressed by the comfortable feel within the tent, no clamy nights of condensation. The foam matress is lovely and we sleep soundly, whatever the weather. Pulling the tent is a dream and you sometimes forget that its their!

You can get both the side and front awning into the trailer and close the box easily, if you leave a gap in the foam matresses, when you close the unit.

We bought the attachment to turn the tent. This is a tricky process and NEEDEDS 2 STRONG PEOPLE TO FLIP THE TRAILER. I would advise against tying it on your own! It does not leak, on its side and other than a mouse eating the cover over winter we have found it easy to build a shed and role the tent into it.

Although they highlight the speed in which this tent can be erected I find it takes at least 20 mins, to have it up and peg out, even with practise.

The only problem we have found is the light nature of the awning poles and the fact they bend in an updraft of wind, on our fisrt trip. This was probably my fault as I had taken up the pegs before I started to take down the poles but the tent did not come with instructions for the awning!

I hope that this will help anyone thinking of buying this unit. we love it and use it all the time its bigger than a caravan and cheaper to store, electric hook up is very good.

Happy camping.

ps: All our friend now want one.