Montego Bay, Sandals Royal Caribbean Review

Guest's review of Montego Bay, Sandals Royal Caribbean

“Hard to put into words how dissapointed my wife and I...”

Written on: 19/07/2009

Hard to put into words how dissapointed my wife and I were with this Sandals Royal Caribbean holiday and resort.We paid £3000 for 7 days of luxury and would have a better holiday for £500 in Spain.(We have, frequently)In fact this was the worse holiday we have ever had, £ for £. The resort and room where acceptable but nothing special and the room was very tired. All 'fine dining'restaurents were fully booked before we arrived but after complaining we managed to secure tables at two restaurents, at 6.00pm and 9.00pm. Food was OK but barely warm and no better than at a cheap UK bar. Service was slow, food at the 'open' restaurents was like a cheap Spanish buffet. Whilst promoted in UK as the best of luxury we found that in the USA it is seen more of a 'Butlins'limitless booze, food and pool games. The noise and behaviour of drunk americans really shatterd any illusions of a romantic holiday.They couldn't understand why anyone would fly all the way from UK to stay there, we agree now. The large mattress/curtained sunbeds in brochure are available, at $150 a day!The rest of the TINY beach is crammed with plastic sunbeds around a filthy scruffy beachbar serving rubbish food.