Quaker Oats Review

camperdown9's review of Quaker Oats

Quaker Oats

“I used to hate Quaker Oats as a kid, but recently I...”

Written on: 05/07/2009 by camperdown9 (8 reviews written)

You can add things to it. low cal, filling, and slow burning.

This is not a product you can just stick in a bowl and add milk, You need to spend a bit of time on this.

General Comments
I used to hate Quaker Oats as a kid, but recently I lost some weight and now need to eat foods that keep me fuller for longer. It was suggested that I tried Quaker Oats. I was a bit unsure that this is for me. I half expected it to be one of those things that I try once and the box then sits in the kitchen for ages until it goes in the bin. First thing to say is that I made it with skimmed milk and 4 splenda tables. (I need things to be a bit sweet). After I made it, it did not look how I expected. I thought it would look like a smooth porridge and its not, its more chunky than that and you can see the oats. It did not taste half bad. If I added a banana, the sweetners and a quarter of a tea spoon of Cinnamon its great.

30g of Quaker Oats, 190 ml of skimmed milk, 4 splenda tables, 1 small banana & and a 1/4 of a tea spoon of cinnamon = 305 cal, 5g fat, 56g carbs & 11g protein.(I am told you can make it with water and that reduces the cal down by 100. Not tried that yet maybe this morning) What I was most happy about was that I liked it and 4 hours later i was still not really hungry.