African Safari Club, M.S. Da Vinci Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Guest's review of African Safari Club, M.S. Da Vinci

“we have just returned from a week on the MS Da Vinci...”

Written on: 04/07/2009

we have just returned from a week on the MS Da Vinci and I just had to leave a review.

Firstly, the boat is exquisite and the staff aboard could not have provided a better service or been more accommodating if they had tried! The food was excellent and there was always plenty of it. I was impressed by the attention to detail and the fact that all food is washed in mineral water and therefore all of the salad and fruit is fine to eat (and very delicious might I add!).

The excursions certainly keep you busy but the places that you visit are completely mind-blowing. I would say 95% of the excursions take place in the morning so you are back on board before the hottest part of the day and then you have the afternoon to yourselves. The evening entertainment was also brilliant; I don ' t think we have ever laughed so much in our lives and we have come home with an adopted family! Our group (on the table) tended to stay together although we had never met before, and we all had the most fantastic time. Our tour guide was amazing. His knowledge and approach are spectacular (as was that of the other two guides which added to the experience.

We had never heard of African Safari Club before so we were naturally a little wary of booking with, to us, an unknown tour operator, but let me tell you that the whole holiday went without a hitch. From stepping off the plane to landing back in Manchester, everything ran perfectly, which is due to the fantastic job done by our Tour Leader who was responsible for organising the trips, excursions and entertainment. The whole team are a credit to African Safari and we shall certainly be returning for more and to be honest, I don't think we will be the only ones. What a wonderful testament to the company, staff and crew when all you could hear during the last couple of days is: ' I don ' t want to go home ' ; from the majority of holidaymakers.

• June 2009

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Smartieclarky's Comment

Written on: 29/09/2009

I found this review very helpful because...I am going on this boat in 4 weeks time and have been concerned about the food on board and whether it was fine to eat.

Algorlex's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2009

Thanks very much for writing this review. We are hoping to go in March and I to was a bit concerned about the food. This has put my mind at rest