Berketex Bride, Kingston Review

isobel brown's review of Berketex Bride, Kingston

“My daughter's experience of Berketex, was a...”

Written on: 20/06/2009 by isobel brown (1 review written)

None whatsoever.

It's the first bridal store from the rail station where the staff will treat you with respect until they have a secure order and then it's heaven help you. They pinned the dress to a shape that was just wonderful but they could not recreate it. I wish my daughter had read some of the reviews or had at least been warned about what was in front of her. I've met someone else who is getting married in two weeks, is now in the same predicament and has been told that any phone calls will be treated as aggression and may result in her not receiving her dress at all. She is very anxious and for good reason!
I wish I had been able to warn her to stay clear of that horrible place.

General Comments
My daughter's experience of Berketex, was a suffocating nightmare which left her receiving her dress, not the shape she ordered, less than 24 hours before her wedding on the 3rd May 2008. The dress arrived in-store after successive calls to their head office, far too late for the proper alterations to be made, alterations, for which I had already paid £180. After 3 fittings, the dress was as far removed from the original model as on the day of purchase, and to top it all, on her wedding day my daughter discovered the lining had an unfinished seam and splatters of blood. Head Office counter-argued that they had four staff witnesses in the store who stated that my daughter checked the dress inside and out and was happy to sign for it. It beggars belief that people can stoop so low - my daughter was a trembling wreck after the treatment she received and was not given the opportunity to check anything. Even if she had, if the dress was not right at closing time after three fittings what was the probabilities of it ever being right for the next day? None!! Apart from the blood being a health and safety issue their arrogant, ignorant attitude caused actual illness. I am still awaiting compensation after 12 months. After 3 months they cleaned and boxed the dress and sent it back - too little, too late!
I cannot believe that they are still trading.

Bliss1179's Response to isobel brown's Review

Written on: 28/07/2010

i bought my drees from the maidstone store in april 2010 to find out when i got home that it had all black marks down it so i took it back to the shop after loads off calls to the head office !! they tryed to tell me that i had got married and put marks there myself but i am not getting married untill septeber this year so they said to send the dress which i did costing me £25 pounds to send to find out today they have sent it back with no letter not even a phone call to say they was sending it what a joke they dont want to help this is ment to be for the happist day off ur life not crying on the phone to them dont think they should be getting away with all this if any one wants to email me it is bliss1179(at)hotmail.com just put subject as bad berketex i am thinking off going to watch dog with it is any 1 up for that mite just get some where with it all !!!!!!! lol

Guest's Response to isobel brown's Review

Written on: 10/07/2011

Hi i am currently having problems with a berketex store due to awful customer service bliss1179 would you email me id love to talk about the service in maidstone you recived! :) x_laydeelou_X@hotmail.co.uk