Eden Restaurant, Coventry Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Eden Restaurant, Coventry

“I ate at the Eden Restaurant in october with family;...”

Written on: 20/06/2009

Food is great. - all my friends were impressed by it and variety of menu. Lovely desserts (tried the choclate ones). Waitress/Waiters are excellent, very friendly.

So overall I was disappointed by the wait. Friends said they didn't notice the wait as much although they were starving by the time the mains came. Wait for food is definately a problem.
With regard to getting bill we had waited so long for them to come in our direction that we eventually had to go find them.
Some of dishes are pricey.

General Comments
I ate at the Eden Restaurant in october with family; tried their specials weekday menu which I was pleased with. Service was good although it was quiet in the restaurant. I believe they changed ownership a month or so after that.

Tried a Saturday night in early December. Service was not good and wait was terrible. They had run out of alot of the courses and their credit card machine wasn't working so they accepted cash only. We were told about this AT THE END of our meal! Everyone in the restaurant had to pop out to find a cash machine. Food was good though. We believed it to be change of ownership issues as staff weren't really sure of what they were doing.

So decided to give it another go. A group of 8 of us had dinner at Eden on Friday 12th June 2009. I rang up to book and they suggested that we come at 8.15pm as there was a group booked for 7.30pm and best to spread out the orders. I was impressed that they had thought of this. We were seated and given menus. It took them half an hour to come back to take our orders. The starters took ages, then the wait for the meal was over an hour. Wished they'd informed us of the backlog. My friends were so hungry we asked for baskets of bread (which was lovely by the way)! Eventually both the starters (chicken liver pate and soup were both delicious) and main meals were excellent (salmon, beef burger, rump steak, sirloin steak, langoustines). Only complaint was that the langoustines with tagelitelle were really cold when they arrived and we asked for them to be heated.

• Gastro

Food Type

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all