BSA Lightning Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

DavidEnoch's review of BSA Lightning

“I have owned a .177 BSA Lightning for about 5 years...”

Written on: 03/06/2009 by DavidEnoch (1 review written)

Light weight
Short overall length
Accuracy
It is not hold sensitive
Effective moderator

The front stock screws sheared off and had to be drilled out. I re-tapped the gun for larger and harder screws. No more problems.
Plain looking gun.

General Comments
I have owned a .177 BSA Lightning for about 5 years now. It has become my favorite airgun and most shot airgun. I have tried to replace it with a Beeman C1 and a Beeman R-9 but I like the Lightning better. I like the light weight and compactness plus the shoot-ability of the gun.

My BSA Lightning shoots Crosman Premier Light pellets (7.9 grain) at about 865 fps. This gun was tuned and is very smooth to shoot. It is the least hold sensitive airgun I have ever owned. I think the short barrel may have something to do with this. I can shoot the Lightning off of a tripod, a sandbag, or free hand and I hit to the same point of impact. It also does not seem to matter where the rifle is supported or how tightly the gun is held. My favorite spinner target that I shoot with my Lightning is a 3/4" spinner at 40 yards. When I am shooting good, I hit it 4 out of five shots. This past weekend I was shooting at 2" spinnners at 69 yards and hitting them consistently.

• Accuracy