Optical Express Laser Eye Surgery & Opticians - www.opticalexpress.co.uk Review

0800 023 2020

lou11's review of Optical Express Laser Eye Surgery & Opticians - www.opticalexpress.co.uk

“I am writing a review as when i looked into eye...”

Written on: 26/05/2009 by lou11 (1 review written)

No more glasses and contacts. Has given me such freedom.
Friendly staff.

A bit of hanging around on the day not so good when you are really nervous!
Cost!!

General Comments
I am writing a review as when i looked into eye surgery i found there were more negative than positive reviews for optical express, but was happy with the way i was treated at my initial consultation so decided to go ahead. I had the Lasik wavefront surgery in March 09. And i can honestly say it ' s the best thing i have ever done. I am 23 and have worn glassed since the age of 7 so can hardly remember a time before them. It is such an amazing feeling to have no more hassle of glasses and contacts.

It was a lot more than the 395 per eye advertised on the tv i think that is just to get you in there!! However my prescription was very high. I paid just over 3,000 in the end.

I was very worried about going ahead as i am a bit of a wimp! But having had 2 children i thought it cant be as painful as that! And for me it wasn't. The procedure itself was painless, i felt a bit of pressure on my eyes and it was a bit cringy if you let yourself think too much about what was going on. But over all it was pain free. The smell of burning everyone talks about was no big deal it was defiantly there but if you don ' t let yourself think about it then it shouldn ' t be an issue. About 20 mins after my eyes were really watery and stinging quite a lot so uncomfortable rather than painful.
I has surgery around 2pm and it took me 2 hours to get home from Bristol and i just kept my eyes shut all the way back with my glasses on and by the time i got home i had something to eat and felt much better. I could see the TV!! By the evening i was fine as i was able to help bath and put my 2 children to bed. So a very short space of time being uncomfortable.

The only thing i will say is on the day of surgery there is a lot of hanging around. I was told to be there for 1pm and didn't actually get seen until 2pm. But once you go in its very quick and you can go again all being well.

You have to wear some very fetching goggles at night for the first week and use 3 different eye drops. I had an appointment the next morning and was told i was able to drive. And a month later i was told i had perfect vision.

For me its one of the best decisions I have ever made I tell everyone how great it is, so I would say go for it. It has changed my life.

Helenann56's Response to lou11's Review

Written on: 31/01/2010

I found this review very helpful because I am due to ahev this procedure on 2nd Feb 2010 and felt uneasy after reading some of the reviews here - so pleased to read this more positive one.

Gembo21's Response to lou11's Review

Written on: 21/03/2010

it is very unsettling to read the bad comments. it would be helpful if people stated their age and how bad their eyes were in the 1st place or if they had any complications before the surgery if they have had a bad experience, as these may be contributing factors?