Lady Gaga, The Fame Review

speakout's review of Lady Gaga, The Fame

Lady Gaga, The Fame

“Lady Gaga's 'The Fame' has its ups and downs. If 'The...”

Written on: 22/05/2009 by speakout (86 reviews written)

Lady Gaga's 'The Fame' has its ups and downs. If 'The Fame' could be marked on pure effort of the artist alone then I would undoubtedly give it 5 stars as I think Lady Gaga actually wrote all the material herself and also played most (if not all) keyboards as well which in this day and age of throw away pop I personally think should be commended. I seem to remember reading somewhere else that Lady Gaga has previously penned tracks for the likes of Britney and also Pussycat Dolls but I don't know if this is true or not.

Lady Gaga has apparently emerged form the underground New York club scene and you get the impression from 'The Fame' that you may have heard some of it before as some of the tracks just sound familiar without really knowing or understanding why. It does have some very good stand out tracks including the singles 'Just Dance' which for me I didn't like on first hearing but has now really grown on me and last single 'Poker Face' which is very catchy and likeable from first hearing. Other stand out songs include 'Love Game', 'Paparazzi' and 'I Like It Rough'. This debut album is synth based dance / pop / electro disco and the tracks mentioned have great choruses and instant hooks but unfortunately in my opinion the rest of the album is a little lifeless and doesn't live up to the good start and the majority of the remaining songs are just album fillers. The fact that I can't remember any of the names of the remaining tracks (which I think are about 12 or so in total) speaks volumes and is the main reason why I only give it 3 stars.

• Various

Other Artists Listened To

Annacg05's Response to speakout's Review

Written on: 06/08/2010

I have rated it 5 stars as I think Lady Gaga actually wrote all the material herself and also played most keyboards as well which in this day and age of throw away pop I personally think should be commended.
<br/>-annasmith