Water Babies Baby Swimming Classes Review

dohorn's review of Water Babies Baby Swimming Classes

“Water Babies offer swimming classes for babies and...”

Written on: 21/05/2009 by dohorn (1 review written)

Great teacher, each session is different from the last, convincing structure/ concept

They try to sell you the swimming trunks for the baby when you sign up and later they want to sell you a wetsuit. I don't think they charge more than usual for these items, and it might be convenient in a way, but I didn't like the hard sell.

General Comments
Water Babies offer swimming classes for babies and toddlers. Their aim is both to introduce babies to swimming and also to make them feel safer in water and learn how to rescue themselves in case of an emergency. I have booked a course for my 5-month-old son and have so far attended 5 out of the 12 sessions. It is really fantastic. Right from the start we learnt how to dip the babies underwater for a few secondd to get them used to this sensation. My son and all the other babies thoroughly enjoy it. The teacher is great and in every session, we learn something new, like holding on to the edge or "jumping in" from the side (baby-style, very gentle of course) or blowing bubbles or floating on the back. It is obvious that the whole course is well tought through and structured. And best of all, after the 30-minute session my son is so exhausted that he sleeps almost for 2.5 hrs! :-)