Qualcast Elan 32 Review

Guest's review of Qualcast Elan 32

Qualcast Elan 32

“The Qualcast Elan 32 was purchased since my old...”

Written on: 10/05/2009

Due to its large collection box, the Elan 32 saves emptying time and the unit is light in weight.

The motor in my opinion is rather fast and so I have to go over the same area about 3 times or more. Plus the bottom blade is useless.

General Comments
The Qualcast Elan 32 was purchased since my old Panther 30 became rusty and old with age. Plus thinking that the electric Elan would help by being much quicker to use although I was disappointed. Under the machine unit, where the blades are, there is a steel plate which by the instruction leaflet, is called the 'bottom blade' and I read that it also proves a 'clean cut' on the lawn. This blade I think gets in the way and flattens the grass down rather than acting like a razor and finely cutting the lawn. After a while of using this model, I decided to remove the bottom blade, thinking that this would help cut properly, but on first use without the it, the cylinder became unstable and the spring screws became loose and resulted in a loud bang and the mower wouldnt work again!

• Electric