River Island www.riverisland.com Review

Spendaholic's review of River Island www.riverisland.com

“Ordered a top from the website, wore it once and...”

Written on: 05/05/2009 by Spendaholic (1 review written)

None

Not offered contact details for customer services unless you ask directly in the stores.
Customer Service is rubbish, fob you off with excuses.

General Comments
Ordered a top from the website, wore it once and washed it following manufacturers guidelines. The top ripped so I took it to my local store where the shop asisstant said it definitely wasnt a manufacturers fault and it must have been my washing machine! I asked for a contact number for head office and was given a card with their number on it.

I contacted consumer direct who told me I should have been given a pre paid envelope so that my top could be sent away to be examined for fault.

I phoned customer services and was told to post in my top to them (freepost) which I did. After one week I had heard nothing so telephoned again and was informed that I would be getting a refund but it may take up to 7 working days to receive it. Two weeks later I still had received no refund so contacted them by email and was again informed that I would receive a cheque in the post within 3 to 5 days. After 7 days and no refund I emailed them again and was told sorry for inconvenience but we will send a refund asap. Yes, youve guessed it after yet another 7 days I still dont have my money back!

I will again telephone Consumer Direct for further advice and I will never shop in River Island again.

• £25