Prison Break Review

glenc's review of Prison Break

“Having watched a lot of '24' and 'Lost' we were...”

Written on: 27/04/2009 by glenc (307 reviews written)

Having watched a lot of '24' and 'Lost' we were introduced to Prison Break by friends as a good alternative.

We bought the first series on DVD and sat down to watch it.

I wouldn't say its bad, but its not that great either. The story lines are pretty daft and far fetched and you can't help but think that this genius who is trying to break his brother out of prison could have thought of something slightly less convoluted and infinitely more productive.

The writers have added twists and turns that dont really need to be there in my opinion.

The end result is something that I can't help watching saying "that's ridiculous".

That said, the acting is pretty good if you buy it you're unlikley to stop half way through and not bother seeing the end - but the acid test for me is am I rushing to the shops to buy the next series after I bought the first? 6 months after watching it I haven't yet .....

Glenc's Response to glenc's Review

Written on: 09/02/2012

Ok so a couple of years later I sat down to watch Series 2 (as it was on Netflix, so I didn't have to buy the box set).

It was similar to the first one - it was good enough but not great. Some parts of the story line are just daft and unbelievable - Michael is supposedly an absolute genius (in the first series he did some amazing stuff) but then he makes absolute school-boy errors (like he's being chased by the police in Panama, through a rain forest which you've got to assume is relatively easy to hide in as its quite dense - but instead he stops at a wooden shack and hides in there. No great surprise the Police follow him to the shack and he's arrested - not the brightest and out of character for this genius)

So, if you're a bit picky like I am you'll find loads of holes in the storyline which just annoy the hell out of you - but if you can put those to one side series 2 is a good watch (although the end is a bit lame)