British Shorthair Review

Guest's review of British Shorthair

“I've had four British Shorthairs. First was Alamanda...”

Written on: 25/04/2009

Lovely character. Beautiful. Friendly. Polite. Good family cat. Cheap to run. Make you laugh. The British is a jolly good cat. They are not loud or over-demanding. They have a medium coat which is easy to manage and they are pretty robust.

They can get fat easily but if you feed them a small amount of good quality food and don't overfeed them and make sure they get exercise then it isn't a problem. All my British have been lazy regarding grooming but if you groom them every week (more often April/May) it's ok.

General Comments
I've had four British Shorthairs. First was Alamanda (Mandy) and her nephew Indigo and Ice (Bunny). Sadly they are both no longer with us. At the moment I have two brothers Simba and Bagheera. Two British shorthair's is better than one!! They are excellent company and very well mannered. Easy to train to stay off kitchen benches and are polite around food. They are playful but gentle. I wouldn't have any other cat - totally hooked!

Britishbluelover's Comment

Written on: 16/11/2013

I totally forgot about their tendency to get fat. haha. My Wellington has really let himself go! He also has stolen food off my plate more than once. My older Britty (she is 19) has had teeth issues and ear problems once in a while. They are bred to have a long lifespan though.