Breville HB4 Professional 3-in-1 Hand Blender Review

• Service & Support

jumpinjack's review of Breville HB4 Professional 3-in-1 Hand Blender

☆☆☆☆☆
Breville HB4 Professional 3-in-1 Hand Blender

“I thought the Breville HB4 was a nice hand blender....”

Written on: 25/04/2009 by jumpinjack (3 reviews written)

Removeable blades

Motor burnt out in less than 12 months.

General Comments
I thought the Breville HB4 was a nice hand blender. The blades can be removed for cleaning, the speed of the motor is adjustable etc etc. just what I was looking for in a hand blender. Unfortunately after about 8 months use the motor stopped working. I suspect that the brushes on the motor have worn down (Motor stuttered a few times and then stopped - never to restart) but in order to confirm I would have to break the unit open. While it was running it was fine and I thought I had actually bought a quality appliance for once. Pity. I had also (of course!) lost the blasted receipt from Currys so can't even take it back to exchange.

I would suggest that Breville redesign this unit with a more durable motor and instead of glueing it, use screws to put it together so that it can be repaired.

Until they do that I cannot recommend anyone to buy this product.

PS: I'll hang on to it for the time being and search for the receipt. IF I find it, and IF they exchange it I'll let y'all know.

• 6 - 12 months

Owned Product For: