Strada Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

speakout's review of Strada

“The service is always very efficient at Strada but the...”

Written on: 17/04/2009 by speakout (86 reviews written)

Service
Decor

Cramped space and no privacy
Food bland

General Comments
The service is always very efficient at Strada but the food is not always up to scratch. The Strada in Richmond as pointed out by a different reviewer is also extremely limited in space. Whilst there last month with my partner, I had to avoid being hit in the head (twice) by a person sat at the table next to us who was emphasising her conversation with her chums. We had a laugh about it at the time but really there should be more space inbetween tables, not just for privacy of diners but also to make things easier for the waiting staff. My other gripe about Strada (not sure if it is just Richmond) but the tables also seem really small so if you have sides as well as a main dish and a bottle of wine, there is not enough room to put everything comfortably. Again, this is not easy for the waiting staff who seemingly do a very good job at handling the problem. My previous meal at the local Strada will probably be my last as the pasta was just awful. The dish was meant to have contained a gorgonzola sauce but was so bland that I would bet it had no cheese in it at all and was in fact just a plain white sauce. It is a shame that I have been put off this chain as the decor is always very nice, the service excellent and I like the complimentary bottles of water but recently the food has in my opinion not been up to scratch.

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Lively

Atmosphere