British Gas Electricity Review

Guest's review of British Gas Electricity

☆☆☆☆☆

“We've been paying for full homecare cover on the...”

Written on: 16/04/2009

The engineer was polite.

They took money for a service they knew they couldn't provide. The customer rep was rude and insulting.

General Comments
We've been paying for full homecare cover on the boiler since we moved in to our property in Decemeber 08. We got this as BG wrote to us saying that the previous owners were covered and did we want to continue. They finally came out for first visit last week and said the boiler is obsolete so can't cover it so were reducing our level of cover but if we wanted to cancel it would cost £80. I pointed out that they knew what boiler we had as they covered the last peopls so shouldn't have offered us cover and taken our money the customer care rep said that they were running a business and what did I expect and that I wasn't listening to him - never spoken to such a rude person.

We're now replacing our boiler and central heating, needless to say we won't be using BG.