River Island www.riverisland.com Review

asbestrossity's review of River Island www.riverisland.com

“Well I ordered some clothes two weeks ago, for just...”

Written on: 05/04/2009 by asbestrossity (1 review written)

Good online service, nice range of clothes

Unreliable delivery service, unhelpful staff, overpriced goods, difficult to contact.

General Comments
Well I ordered some clothes two weeks ago, for just over £130 quid. Paid extra for the 48hr delivery. Two days after I returned from work to find a delivery card from "The Home Delivery Network", stating that they had left my parcel at my back door (on a busy street, with a popular high school across the road). Having checked the back door and finding no parcel there, obviously I was a tad annoyed so immediately contacted the delivery company.

I was told directly that the delivery driver had stated he had left it at the back door and "Obviously I wasn't looking in the right place". To which I insisted on speaking with a manager or supervisor...."one is not available at this time" so I explained that I will be contacting my solicitor and persuing a claim in small claims court for the loss of goods and stress caused. To which they informed me to contact river island who would issue me a full refund.

So reasonably satisfied that I had gone as far as I could go with the courier, i contacted river island via email as per their website. Three days passed without a reply, so I took it upon myself to search google for a customer services telephone number (which was a very difficult task)

After contacting them, they apologised stating that they couldn't respond to my email as they were "Exceptionally busy". Fair enough, i was then given a claim reference number and told that it would be dealt with and I needed to fill in a lost parcel form which they were going to send through the post to me. Two weeks have passed and no form to fill in. So now three weeks after my original order, i am still without goods and £130 down.

• 135

• Still waiting