Oxygen Emate Race Electric Bicycle Review

yendrek3's review of Oxygen Emate Race Electric Bicycle

Oxygen Emate Race Electric Bicycle

“I own Oxygen Emate Race for 4 months. During that time...”

Written on: 05/04/2009 by yendrek3 (1 review written)

- Responsive forks with lockout
- Very sharp Avid brakes
- Shimano XT gears
- Good battery
- Quiet and efficient motor
- good looking bike

- brake levers could be nicer
- tyres were too basic for the off road rides for me, I had to change to Schwalbe

General Comments
I own Oxygen Emate Race for 4 months. During that time the bike turned out to be a very reliable robust machine. I used it in the mixed terrain on road as well as off road in the hilly areas of Dorking, Surrey. The bike has a great equipment with very good Shimano XT gears and Avid brakes which are in fact very responsive even if they get very hot on the downhill. The suspension forks are also very comfortable and the lockout on the forks helps while I climb.
The battery seems to be doing very well as much better in range than my old Powabyke. I do about 30 miles trip on the full speed of throttle twisted to maximum. With pedal assist should do even more. The electric hub motor is 250W (I've chosen a European version) and I can't say anything wrong about it. It does very sharp hills which I'm proud with as the Dorking area is really very hilly. Overall I think it's a great bike that for reasonable amount of money (paid £1100 and saved £100 of the RRP) and you get much higher specs than other manufacturers offer, I'm really pleased with it.

Davey123's Response to yendrek3's Review

Written on: 07/05/2009

I found this review helpful because... he explains about the bike and how robust and reliable it was.

Douglas Bennett's Response to yendrek3's Review

Written on: 09/12/2009

I found this review helpful because...Hills are my scene and this review tells me I should now try out this bike. I am looking for a USEFUL electric bike rather than a disappointing one.